Thursday, March 24, 2011

Surprise

Engaged! I am engaged to be married and I am so happy. To have a home of my own again I am thrilled. When Norman asked me if I would make a committment to him I waited several days before I answered. He says my family and I are doing a lot of 'firsts' with him. I am the 1st woman he has actually proposed to and I am the 1st woman that has made him wait till after we were married.

So with that said, we went and picked out rings, nothing fancy a very pretty bridal set small solitaire with diamonds surrounding it and the wedding band and then also a wide yellow gold band for both of us. We talked about it getting engaged and I told him I wanted him to propose, all my other husbands had, my first husband surprised me with a ring in a present. My second husband dropped down on one knee in front of his friends one night, and my third proposed while we were sitting in his car, it was pouring rain, he pulled out the ring and asked me, saying he would have done it outside but didn't think I would go for that! Well Norm enlisted the help of my daughter and of course she enlisted the help of her husband and children. Casey and I had gone out for a girls weekend and planned on coming back on Sunday. I thought Norm would be coming for Sunday dinner much later but when we arrived before noon he had already been there, he had flowers (a dozen pink roses) the girls and Jared made a glitter sign that said 'Marry Me' and when we walked in there roses scattered all over the floor. My immediate thought was uh oh, they made a mess and haven't had a chance to clean up. Then I looked to my right and standing in the small hallway were Norm, behind him the girls with the glitter sign and Jared with a camera! I yelled! Norm came walking toward me with the roses and getting down on one knee asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. Then he pulled the engagement ring from his pocket and all I could do was shake my head yes and smile at him. It was the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me.

Norman is a lot of firsts for me too. He constantly tells me how beautiful I am, that he loves me, how wonderful our life is and will be. I was that way with my other husbands, but never received it back (for the most part), and that used to make me very sad, I used to think I had done something wrong, why wasn't I worth the trouble of reciprocating the feelings I was giving? But now I am, he makes me feel like a kid, like I am truly the most important person, the most beautiful woman right here and now. I keep waiting for it to stop but I don't think it will he says it won't and I believe him.

I have a home of my own. Today we were talking on the phone and Norm has been taking boxes and small pieces of furniture to his house all most every week and I slipped and told him he had more of my 'crap' to take home, he laughed and said your right it is my home and always will be. After 18 months of being in limbo I am no longer. I have begun unpacking my boxes putting my things away. Things like all my bears that were in my curio cabinet, my china cups, my dolls, my books, my enormous shoe collection and of course clothes. The last to go of course will be my bedroom set and we will get that the weekend after we come back from Savannah, GA. We are leaving May 12th, I am so excited to start my new life with my new beloved.

My granddaughter Makenzie said it was weird that I was getting married again but she was excited for me to have such a cool place to live, a fun place for her and her siblings to come visit away from Mom & Dad. I am just as excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment